Bayfield Hotels (Retail) Pty Limited, ACN 141 188 561 the operator of Bayfields.com.au, and our related entities recognise the importance of privacy protection and comply with the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Act”).
What types of personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect from you generally includes your name, address, telephone number/s and information required for order processing and payment for products and services provide by us through the Bayfields.com.au website. We may also collect information from you concerning your preferred liquor type/s or for other related products or services provided on the Bayfields.com.au website.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information through a range of sources including the registration form you fill in if you join Bayfields.com.au, information you provide over the telephone to a Bayfields.com.au Customer Service team member and via surveys and questionnaires you complete.
What happens if you don't provide us with the information we require?
If you don’t provide us with certain information, we may be unable to provide you the information, products or services you wish to buy or receive.
How do we use your personal information?
- To provide you with information you request about us, the products or services we offer through Bayfields.com.au or special offers provided by third parties to our members through Bayfields.com.au;
- To provide products or services you request from time to time;
- To process and obtain payment for any liquor or other products or services you order from Bayfields.com.au;
- If necessary, to verify your identity or age (i.e. over 18); and
- To contact you for direct marketing and promotional purposes including providing you with information about new products or services, events and special offers, unless you tell us that you not wish to receive this type of information.
From time to time we may also ask you to participate in surveys or questionnaires. These help us to improve our levels of service and to maximize the opportunities and benefits you can enjoy.
We may also send you electronic messages updating you about products, services, offers and special offers. We will only send you electronic messages if you have consented to receive them or it can be inferred from your existing business or other relationship with Bayfields.com.au, that there is a reasonable expectation of receiving those electronic messages. All electronic messages will identify Bayfields.com.au.
Will we give your personal information to anyone else?
We currently use contractors to prepare and send mail-outs and deliver products. We will only disclose your personal information to those contractors or other third parties:
Personal information security
- To allow your orders to be processed and delivered to you;
- To provide you with marketing and other information about Bayfields.com.au and its own or related products and services;
- If you authorise us to do so; or
- If required or permitted by law.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access or use, destruction, modification or disclosure. We only permit our authorised personnel to access your personal information.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, we cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorized access, use or modification of that information.
Your rights of access and correction
You have the right to access personal information which we have collected from you within the requirements of the Act.
We may withhold or refuse you access to your personal information if we are legally authorised to do so or where its disclosure to you is restricted by law, is the subject of legal action, or may compromise the privacy of another person.
How can you stop receiving marketing information?
Where marketing information is forwarded to you via electronic messages, there will be a functional ‘unsubscribe’ mechanism contained in the message.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us or receive marketing information, you can advise us:
We will keep a record of your request to ensure you do not receive that information in the future.
- by calling the Bayfields.com.au Customer Service Team on 1300 10 55 88;
- by emailing us at email@example.com; or
- by clicking the ‘unsubscribe function’ (where marketing information is sent electronically).
You cannot refuse to receive information which we are required to provide you by law.
- by phone, during normal business hours (9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time) on 1300 10 55 88;
- by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- by mail, at the following address:
Locked Bag 2011
Mona Vale NSW 1660